Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Miss Teen USA Experience

Hello!! I know it has been a while since I have posted, mainly because I had been extremely busy and focused on my 2014 Miss Teen USA Pageant preparations. That being said, before I start this post, I would like to thank everyone who has showed me support. I had a wonderful time at the pageant!

With my extensive absence from the blogging world, there is a lot I would love to share with you all! There are a culmination of topics I would like to cover within the next few posts, from the Miss Teen USA Pageant, to social media, and more. I suppose I will start with the pageant!

I had so much fun at the Miss Teen USA pageant! Being in the Bahamas alone was a great experience, and getting to share that with 50 other state representatives was great. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to represent Maryland on a National stage. Being one of 51 girls who is given this experience was incredibly humbling. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime, which is the most valuable of prizes. The young women I was able to share my experience with are all giving, humble, confident, intelligent, and accomplished girls who portray what being Miss Teen USA is all about. Of course, there could only be one winner, and we all knew that. K. Lee Graham, our new Miss Teen USA is one of the funniest, most gracious girls I have ever met. I am so happy for her journey!

Now, on to the competition itself! For those that watched, you know that I did not place among the top 15 semi-finalists. Naturally, the most asked questions I received after the pageant were how I felt about that, and what I think I could have done better. Of course I was hoping to advance in the competition, so I was a bit sad afterwards. I tried to review my performances both on stage and in the interview room, trying to pin-point any mistakes I may have made. In other words, I was trying to find an excuse that would justify my absence from the list of semi-finalists. I couldn't find one. What I had to find instead was my confidence. I did my best in all three phases of the competition. I had practiced and prepared to the best of my abilities, and when it came time to showcase all of my hard work, I did just the same. The results may not have turned out the way that I had hoped, but I wasn't going to let that make me second-guess myself, my hard work, or my confidence. Being Miss Maryland Teen USA has been a very big accomplishment and I am so proud to have this title and to have competed on the Miss Teen USA stage!

Thank you all, once again, for your love and support! It has truly meant so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment