Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fun-Fact Fridays! 5

In honor of Valentine's Day, your facts for today:

1. It is possible to suffer from a "broken heart". Symptoms resemble those of a heart attack!
2. Dark chocolate is the healthiest type of chocolate because it contains the highest amount of cocoa, which is loaded with flavonoids and antioxidants (known for inflammation reduction).
3. Chocolate that contains at least 70% cocoa is best for health.
4. If you do consume chocolate, you should limit yourself to 3 oz.
5. Contrary to popular belief, chocolate does not raise cholesterol, cause headaches, or cause acne!

These facts are super relevant to me, because anyone who knows me well knows that I am a huge lover of chocolate! In the "dark days" of unhealthy living, as I like to call those times, I probably consumed chocolate every day, or every other day, at least! I have given up my favorite treat in the name of health (except when I enjoy a small amount on a Reward Day). As an alternative to my all time favorite, milk chocolate, I have learned to become fond of dark chocolate! In order to still enjoy some chocolate, I had to adapt to the taste of this chocolate that I once could not even stand the smell of. Learning to like dark chocolate was by no means an excuse to begin eating it every day, like before. I still stray away from choosing to consume this new found delight, despite my sweet tooth! Speaking of which, I will soon be posting another "My Personal Fixes" segment, having to do with how I satisfy said sweet tooth while reaming on a healthy path! I will be introducing some sweet alternatives to sugary treats. I am sure everyone has one sweet that they think they cannot live without! Stay tuned for this upcoming post!





From: gourmandia.ca and healthcentral.com

No comments:

Post a Comment